Suzanna T. King
Ms. King grew up in mid-Missouri and received her Bachelor of Arts in History in 1992, from Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. Ms. King graduated from the University of Kansas School of Law in 1996, and served on the Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy while a law student.
Ms. King began her legal career by clerking for the Honorable M. Kay Royse of the Kansas Court of Appeals, for whom she drafted legal memoranda and proposed opinions concerning issues in the many cases that came before the Court of Appeals. In 1998, Ms. King was hired by The Curtis Law Firm, P.C., Kansas City, Missouri. In 2002, the law firm McDowell, Rice, Smith & Buchanan, P.C. hired Ms. King as an associate and, in 2003, Ms. King became a shareholder of the firm.
Ms. King has successfully represented individuals and businesses in all phases of litigation in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies, including high-profile cases involving multi-million dollar claims. Ms. King has substantial experience in a wide variety of practice areas including personal injury torts, probate litigation, employment law, and commercial litigation.
Ms. King found her way to southeast Ohio when she and her husband Kevin King, a native of Meigs County, Ohio, moved to the area with their two children. Ms. King is licensed to practice law in Ohio, Kansas, and Missouri, and is a member of the Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ). Ms. King began working for The Law Firm of Richard M. Lewis, LLC, in February 2012. Ms. King is excited to contribute her 15 years of legal experience to the firm’s valued clients.
In her free time, Ms. King is an avid Jayhawk basketball fan and also enjoys photography, traveling, reading fiction and historical biographies, and spending time outdoors with her family and their beloved dog Truman in beautiful southeast Ohio.
Current Employment Positions:
- Kansas National Education Association, Law Clerk , 1995 to 1996
- Kansas Court of Appeals, Research Attorney for the Honorable M. Kay Royse, 1996 to 1998
- McDowell, Rice, Smith & Buchanan, P.C./The Curtis Law Firm, P.C., Associate, 1998 to 2007
- Self-Employed Attorney, 2007 to 2012
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
- J.D. - 1996
- Northeast Missouri State University/Truman State University, Kirksville, Missouri
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1993
- Honors: magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Association for Women Lawyers of Kansas City, Board Member, 2005
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Courts, 2002
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ), Member